The world is filled with wanna-be writers, or so it seems. Don’t all those library shelves, overflowing with books, seem intimidating? There’s a lot of competition out there. Trust me, as a largely un-published writer, I too, get discouraged. But if I were in it for the money I think I would have given up long ago. It’s the love of writing in the English Language and the magic of rhetoric and story-telling that keep me going. There were several things that motivated me to create this new blog, which will be solely devoted to the Art of Writing:
- Collaborating with anyone who considers themselves a writer.
- Sharing editing suggestions for any writer, amateur or professional
- Sharing articles and advice from the thousands of good writing publications out there
- Developing in my readers the same love and appreciation I feel for the English language and for its rich heritage of literary and artistic excellence
- Developing a following of vocal critics of bad writing and sloppy editing, holding the publishing industry’s feet-to-the-fire to stop the trend of economizing on editors and editor salaries, as if there were no moral reason for striving for journalistic and literary excellence. There is a moral reason: it is the requirement to show gratitude for our gift of English, the world’s greatest, richest, most welcoming and most non-chauvanistic tool of expression — ever.